Assembly & Usage Guide
We recommend you let a professional build your new Jorvik Tricycle.
Simple User Guide: Relates to all our models
- Position the handle bars to your requirements, they can be altered for height and angle, both with a 6mm allen key. To set the height, loosen/tighten the bolt located at the top of the handlebars. To adjust the angle loosen/tighten the bolt under the handlebars (near where the handlebars meet the stem).
- To adjust the saddle height there is a quick release lever, loosen/tighten this and move saddle up or down into the desired position.
- Key/Battery settings – Place the key into the battery, turn the key to the ON position for electric assist and turn key the to the OFF position to turn off electric assist. To remove the battery, push key in then turn to UNLOCK then slide the battery out. Once charged slide the battery back into position. Battery can also be charged on the tricycle. When the tricycle is not in use turn the key to the OFF position and remove the key, this will lock battery in place to avoid theft.
- Control Panel on handle bars – To turn peddle assist on, press the power button, the control panel will now light up. Press the mode button to choose your desired power assist mode. Now simply start peddling and the power assist will automatically start working. Your control panel also indicates how much battery life you have. When you’ve finished your cycle press and hold the power button to turn off the peddle assist. When getting on and off the tricycle it is always safer to turn the power off.
- Peddle assist has a maximum speed of 25kmh and a throttle with a maximum speed of 5kmh this conforms with EAPC regulations. Please note the throttle is a walking aid and not designed to carry the rider up hills.
- Removing the Battery – To remove the battery push and turn the key to the UNLOCK position and locate the small lever directly under the back of the saddle, this will flip the saddle forward, firmly pull the handle and the battery will slide out. Use the charging lead provided and charge at any socket. Place battery back in position by sliding down the guide rail making sure the key is turned to UNLOCK.
- Charging - The charger LED will remain green until plugged into the battery which will then change to red indicating the battery is charging. Once charging is complete it will return to green again. If the battery is fully charged the light on the charger will remain green even when plugged into the battery.
- Battery life can be located on the handle bar control panel and on top of the battery itself by pressing the POWER button on the battery with the key in the ON position.
- The fold mechanism is the same on the electric and non electric models. To fold the tricycle, open the lever then pull towards yourself then lift the lever and push into desired folding position (the front wheel in between the rear wheels for best results.) To unfold, reposition the tricycle into its standard position and lock the lever back into place. Please check secure before use.
- Handbrakes - If the tricycle is fitted with handbrakes simply hold in the brake and push down the parking pin to lock. This is located on the brake lever itself. To release the handbrakes just squeeze the brakes.
- Top tips for riding – please remember tricycles do not ride like bicycles. At first you may feel like you are losing your balance or the tricycle is pulling you to one side, this is quite a normal sensation for riders who haven’t ridden tricycles before. Keep your back straight, try not to lean and control the tricycle with your arms, think of the handle bars like a stearing wheel, if your veering to one side then turn the handlebars to the opposite side like you would a car steering wheel. The key is practice, we have many riders at our showroom room who can’t ride a tricycle at first and wish to give in but with a little practice they are soon whizzing around with a huge smile on their face!