Jorvik Mid Drive Folding Electric Mountain Trike JMT9 (500w)
Find out more...
Are you looking to venture off the beaten track, or looking for an adventure further afield? Maybe on mud, sand or even snow, but travelling with your mountain trike has been a stumbling block? Then look no further than our new JMT9, our first ever folding mountain trike!
Simply fold the quick release frame and handlebar stem and remove the quick release front wheel and ‘hey presto’ your JMT9 has transformed from a large rugged off roader into a travel mountain trike in a matter of minutes.
Whether you are in a caravan, campervan or motor home, folding your JMT9 and taking it with you is a doddle.
If you are in a log cabin and you need supplies, simply unfold your trike and nip to the local shop or maybe even head down to the village pub.
Planning a long weekend away at the Lake District and need a mode of transport other than the car then this is the model for you.
Here’s some of the JMT9’s specifications that’s sets us apart from all other brands...
- Bafang mid drive motor 250w & 500w (attack those hills with ease)
- A massive 48v 17.5 ah Samsung cell battery (ride further for longer)
- Hydraulic front suspension (soak up those potholes and rocks with comfort)
- Hydraulic disc brakes (ultimate stopping power)
- Shimano 7 speed nexus hub gears (higher ground clearance for off road terrain unlike other brands that use a derailleur)
- Anti puncture Kenda fat tyres (limiting the chances of a pesky puncture)
- Quick release folding frame, front wheel, and handlebar stem (for ease of travel)
- Rear differential for superior cornering and handling
If you are looking for the ultimate travel mountain trike then look no further than the JMT9 from Jorvik Tricycles.
Jorvik tricycles, suppliers of the original, highest specification fat tyre trikes on the market.
As this is a non-EAPC regulated tricycle, it can only be ridden on private land. Please refer to https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules on riding guides and instructions. For the road legal version please see our 250W Jorvik Odin Low Step Through Electric Mountain Trike.
Visit our showroom or get in touch to arrange a no-obligation test ride.
JMT models will be delivered 90% assembled. Please see terms & conditions (1.9) for further information.
*Rear cargo bag not included
- Frame: Quick Release Folding Aluminium Alloy
- Kenda 20 x 4 inch anti puncture tyres with silver reflector line
- Quick Release front wheel
- Bafang 48v 250w BBS01 / 500w BBS02 mid-drive motor
- 48V 17.5Ah Samsung Cell Lithium Battery
- Bafang C961 LCD display
- Charger: 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Charger time: 6-8 hours
- RST hydraulic front suspension
- Shimano NEXUS 7 speed hub gears (no derailleur)
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes with three-wheel disc & parking brake
- Promax quick release handlebar stem
- Promax aluminium alloy handlebars
- Promax aluminium suspension quick release seat post
- 750mm rear wheel width
- Rear Axon U-MOUTH differential
- Front and rear colour coded mudguards
- Maximum speed: 25mph
- Maximum range electric only: 25 miles
- Maximum range pedal assist: 40 miles
|F: 20" Wheel R: 20" Wheel|
|Length with front wheel turned||165cm|
|Length when folded||107cm|
|Floor to stepover height||44cm|
|Width of back wheels||75cm|
|Floor to seat at lowest point||83cm|
|Floor to seat at highest point||98cm|
|Floor to handlebars at lowest point||116cm|
|Floor to handlebars at highest point||129cm|
|Floor to top of the headtube||82cm|
|Bottom of forks to top of headtube (with wheel removed)||60cm|
|Maximum user weight||133kg|
|Maximum range (approx)||40 miles|
Electric tricycles are popular with those who want to get outdoors and cycle but may need a helping hand. Whether it's down to age, injury, fitness, physical limitations, or simply personal preference.
Working the same as their non-electric counterparts with the addition of a battery and electric motor to get you moving.
Do your bit for the environment
Feel the benefits of a healthy body and a happy mind. Electric tricycles cost pennies to recharge and can even replace your car. Saving money on fuel, insurance, road tax, and other expensive running costs.
Power is delivered via a Pedal Assist System. Here's how it works:
Pedal Assist Systems (PAS):
Simply apply pressure to the pedals and the electric motor will kick in and do the hard work for you. Driving the front hub wheel motor. You can adjust the PAS to tackle steep hills with ease and lower the assistance as your fitness improves. At which point the tricycle works in the same way as a non-electric model.
Thumb throttle walk mode allows you to cruise along at a slow walking pace while seated on the tricycle, all without pedalling. Walk mode is perfect for giving your legs a break on flat, smooth surfaces, but can't be used to carry you up hills. 250w models only, 500w and 750w models throttles are unrestricted.
All our electric tricycles feature removable lithium-ion batteries. Unlike old-style batteries, lithium-ion batteries are low maintenance and should last around 10 years or 2,000 recharge cycles.
We ship worldwide, once the postcode has been added the delivery charges will be calculated.
Postage and packing to mainland UK is FREE (self-assembly tricycles only).
We try to dispatch all our in stock items within 1 working day of the order being placed. Please allow a further 3 to 5 working days for delivery (This may be longer due to bank holidays/busier periods or if the order purchased is on backorder). Delivery times to Worldwide Countries, Europe, Highlands, Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland will vary. Please Note – we will update you accordingly of any delays.
Buyers outside the UK are reminded that the currency is GBP.
We package all our trikes in recyclable bubble wrap and cardboard cartons to prevent unnecessary waste and to help the environment.
If export shipping costs/taxes occur it is the buyers responsibility.
See our shipping page for more information