Jorvik Elite Mid-Drive Dual Battery Electric Folding Tricycle JET-E2
Find out more...
A new stylish folding aluminium frame has been designed to house the powerful Bafang M500 mid-drive motor, meaning you can tackle that pesky hill that you may have detoured or has even forced you to return home. Well that’s now in the past, but if you’re now riding for longer, you’ll need help in the battery situation too, so we’ve added two 14.5ah LG/Samsung cell batteries to assist in your adventures. If one runs out simply flick a switch to move onto your second battery, more miles equals more smiles!
We’ve not stopped there either with the huge spec, here’s some more goodies you’ll find on the JET-E2...
- Hydraulic disc brakes - for unrivalled stopping power.
- Bafang colour digital display - easy to use, speed, trip distance, overall mileage and battery life.
- Rear differential - helping you take corners and turn with ease.
- Dual 14.5ah LG/Samsung cell batteries - enjoy longer trike rides with the safety net of a second battery, twice the battery life twice the fun.
- Shimano nexus 7 speed internal hub gears - higher ground clearance.
- Shimano twist shift gears - easy to use, easy to master.
- CST/Kenda puncture resistant tyres with silver reflector line
- Double walled rims - for added strength to your wheels.
- Promax quick release handlebar stem - find your right riding position with ease.
- Front suspension - soak up the road for a smoother more enjoyable ride.
- Bafang 250W M500 mid drive motor, EAPC regulated, tackle hills with ease.
- Sleek folding aluminium low step through frame - fold with ease and mount with ease.
- Quick release front wheel - makes folding your trike for travel even easier and even more space saving.
- Hardwired front and rear lights - helping you cycle with confidence at night.
- Front and rear baskets - double the storage capacity, Front Dutch style wicker basket available also.
- All Jorvik Tricycles are CE marked and comply with EN15194 and EN14764 regulations where applicable.
- Free UK delivery - arrives 90% assembled for customer ease. (post code exclusions apply).
- Batteries have been upgraded from the photo shown and are now larger for longer assisted rides
- Front fenders have been upgraded and the fender support bar has been removed
So, to conclude, if you're looking for an E-trike with a powerful Bafang M500 mid-drive motor, folding frame for ease of transportation or storage and spec so high you'll get dizzy then look no further than the JET-E2. It truly is one of a kind.
But why choose an electric model?
Tricycles are a fun form of transport, but an electric tricycle will wedge a smile permanently on your face. The electric motor will take the strain and stress out of cycling and help you glide along effortlessly. As you pedal you send a signal to the motor and depending on which speed you have chosen on your easy to use handle bar display, will depend on how much assist the motor gives you. 1 for a mild assist or all the way up to 5 to speed along with the fresh air and sun on your face you could even tackle that hill you previously avoided. The battery is super easy to charge either on or off the tricycle, simply plug into a wall socket and roughly 4-5 hrs later you have a full charge to zoom around with. With a very conservative average of 30 plus miles per full charge per battery. So, leave the car at home, jump on your electric tricycle and enjoy the freedom it provides, giving you a healthy body and a positive mind, while being environmentally friendly, what’s not to love.
All Jorvik Tricycles are available for test rides at our showroom in York, please call 01904 405338 to book an appointment.
- Folding aluminium frame
- Front and rear storage baskets
- Front and rear hard wired lights, with rear brake light
- Bafang 36v 250w M500 mid-drive motor
- Dual 36V 14ah LG/Samsung cell lithium battery with dual battery convertor
- Bafang C18 colour display
- Charger: 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Charger time: 6-8 hours
- Front suspension
- Shimano NEXUS 7 speed hub gears (no derailleur)
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes with three-wheel disc & parking brake
- Promax handlebar stem
- Promax aluminium alloy curved handlebars
- Promax aluminium suspension quick release seat post
- 750mm rear wheel width
- Rear Axon U-MOUTH differential
- CST/Kenda puncture resistant tyres with silver reflector line
- EAPC regulated Pedal Assist System
- 5 levels of pedal assist
- Road legal, no driving license, tax, or insurance required
- Anti-theft lockable battery
- Maximum range: Up to 62 miles (approx)
- Maximum speed: 15.5 mph
The wheel size you choose will depend on your body type and how you plan on using the tricycle.
You can choose between two-wheel sizes, 20” and 24”. All Jorvik Tricycle handlebars and saddles are height adjustable to accommodate most sizes.
The smaller wheel size is popular with commuters and holidaymakers alike.
This wheel size can be better for older or less-confident riders as the lower height makes the trike easier to get on and off.
If it’s a folding model then a 20” wheel results in a smaller folded size, making car boot transportation easier.
A great all-rounder, and perfectly suited to daily use, whether it's riding to the shops or routine visits to your allotment.
|20" Wheel||24" Wheel|
|Length when folded||101cm||108cm|
|Length with front wheel turned||147cm||160cm|
|Floor to stepover height||30cm||30cm|
|Width of back wheels||75cm||75cm|
|Floor to seat at lowest point||84cm||88cm|
|Floor to seat at highest point||104cm||108cm|
|Floor to handlebars at lowest point||103cm||114cm|
|Floor to handlebars at highest point||113cm||124cm|
|Floor to top of the headtube||77cm||89cm|
|Bottom of forks to top of headtube (with wheel removed)||57cm||64cm|
|Maximum user weight||120kg||120kg|
|Maximum range pedal assist||62 miles||62 miles|
|Charger time||6 to 8 hours||6 to 8 hours|
|Maximum speed||15.5 mph||15.5 mph|
|Seat post diameter||28.6mm||28.6mm|
Electric tricycles are popular with those who want to get outdoors and cycle but may need a helping hand. Whether it's down to age, injury, fitness, physical limitations, or simply personal preference.
Working the same as their non-electric counterparts with the addition of a battery and electric motor to get you moving.
Do your bit for the environment
Feel the benefits of a healthy body and a happy mind. Electric tricycles cost pennies to recharge and can even replace your car. Saving money on fuel, insurance, road tax, and other expensive running costs.
Power is delivered via a Pedal Assist System. Here's how it works:
Pedal Assist Systems (PAS):
Simply apply pressure to the pedals and the electric motor will kick in and do the hard work for you. Driving the front hub wheel motor. You can adjust the PAS to tackle steep hills with ease, and lower the assistance as your fitness improves. At which point the tricycle works in the same way as a non-electric model.
All our electric tricycles feature removable lithium-ion batteries. Unlike old-style batteries, lithium-ion batteries are low maintenance and should last around 10 years or 2,000 recharge cycles.
We ship worldwide, once the postcode has been added the delivery charges will be calculated.
Postage and packing to mainland UK is FREE (self-assembly tricycles only).
We try to dispatch all our in stock items within 1 working day of the order being placed. Please allow a further 3 to 5 working days for delivery (This may be longer due to bank holidays/busier periods or if the order purchased is on backorder). Delivery times to Worldwide Countries, Europe, Highlands, Channel Islands and the Republic of Ireland will vary. Please Note – we will update you accordingly of any delays.
Buyers outside the UK are reminded that the currency is GBP.
We package all our trikes in recyclable bubble wrap and cardboard cartons to prevent unnecessary waste and to help the environment.
Due to the new Brexit regulations, any export costs such as taxes, duty or similar fees is the buyers responsibility.
See our shipping page for more information